Better Together: The Climate Pledge
Join us for a conversation about the power of companies (big and small) coming together to tackle the climate crisis, and hear why Global Optimism and Amazon co-founded The Climate Pledge—a bold commitment to become net zero carbon by 2040—10 years ahead of the Paris Agreement.
In this one-hour webcast, GreenBiz Editorial Director Heather Clancy will moderate a discussion with Global Optimism’s founding partner Tom Rivett-Carnac, Amazon’s Head of Worldwide Sustainability Kara Hurst, and Verizon’s Vice President of Global Supply Chain Operations & Chief Sustainability Officer to dive deep on why the time to take action is now.
Among the topics:
- The realities of our planet, and where climate change stands
- How coming together is better, and what companies can expect by taking The Climate Pledge
- How companies are rethinking their approach to business, and how this collective effort will accelerate progress
- Investing in decarbonizing technologies, and putting them into practice
- Embracing nature based solutions as part of the carbon reduction equation, but not as the primary way
- Heather Clancy, Editorial Director, GreenBiz Group
- James Gowen, Vice President of Global Supply Chain Operations & Chief Sustainability Officer, Verizon
- Tom Rivett, Founding Partner, Global Optimism
- Kara Hurst, Head of Worldwide Sustainability, Amazon
If you can’t tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.
Thu, 08/20/2020 – 08:42
– Thu, 09/24/2020 – 10:00